Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Problem with showing external graphic

apostrophe

Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 - 12:23 am    Post subject: Problem with showing external graphic Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

Tonight I started developing my first widget. I want to create a very simple little widget that will display a single webcam image (for now) from the BBC's cam network.

My widget works exactly how I want it to, BUT, it will not display the image linked externally, am I missing something?

img class="devoncam" src="http://212.104.136.164/webcam/images/torquay_harbour.jpg" width="311" height="212"

The class is just for placement (and I've tried linking without the class and still nothing.)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

James
Chris

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 - 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have a look at the docs regarding the stuff you should put in your info.plist. If you need to do anything with your widget which means it won't just be running in it's own little sandbox (network/system access, access to file outside the widget bundle etc) then you need to specify it. 'Tis a security thing, and presents the user with a choice of whether to run the widget or not. That way, a user will have to physically authorise an `rm -Rf /' style widget Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
apostrophe

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 - 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh! I didn't think of checking the security commands for a linked graphic, but allownetworkaccess in the plist fixed the problem. Now I can view my old stomping grounds without the need to launch a browser Razz

Thanks for your help Chris!

James
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.