Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

When reached play song...

ArtOfWarfare

Posted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 - 8:08 pm    Post subject: When reached play song... Reply with quote

I'm using dashcode to make a simple countdown widget... it's counting down until Christmas so I figured it would be nice if it played some song when it finished. I already imported the 30 second song I want it to play

(it's the iTunes Music Store preview of the song so I figure it's probably legal to upload a widget that will play it... maybe not? Oh well, if it isn't legal I'll just make something else in GB.)

My question is... how do I make it play now? I see in the attributes section it has "When Reached" after that a checkbox and a drop down menu that says "Do Action". In the liabrary I see something called "Play Quicktime Content" but I have to enter the ID of a Quicktime element... what is that? How can I find it? Or am I looking at the wrong thing or in the wrong places?

Edit: Oh and, if possible I'd like it to automatically start counting down until the next Christmas on January 1st so that the widget will continue to be useful after Christmas '07...
dawnzky05

Posted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 - 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you post the link of your Christmas work? I am interested to make the same project if you don't mind.

------------
widget shoes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.