Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Support

How to download and use widgets? help.

rroossssp

Posted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 - 4:22 pm    Post subject: How to download and use widgets? help. Reply with quote

I need help. Im good with computers. I am new to the website and i need someone to walk me through how to download and use the widgets. i downloaded one and i dont know what to do from there. HELP. thank you.
thewilson

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 - 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dashboard is a feature introduced to OS X in version 10.4 Tiger. If you are running a Mac purchased recently you should have 10.4 Tiger or 10.5 Leopard.

Just download the file. Unzip the file you downloaded. Then double click the .wdgt file it should have a black square for an icon. You should get a pop up asking you if you want to install whatever widget. Click install and you will be taken to the dashboard. Click keep and it will live there until you take it off.

Hope this helps you out.

MW
rroossssp

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 - 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so it would not work if i am running windows?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.