Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

AJAX, cross-domain scripting

CowboyX

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 - 5:40 pm    Post subject: AJAX, cross-domain scripting Reply with quote

I seem to be bumping into some kind of problem with cross-domain scripting. I've built a widget that does an AJAX call (via jquery), and it works fine.

However, I've started building a second widget, and I can't get any kind of a response (unless I drop the index.html file into Safari --— then it runs fine!).

The really crazy thing is, I've made a copy of the gadget that works, renamed it, and changed the name in the CFBundleIdentifier entry in the manifest, and it STOPS working.

I'm completely stumped. I've tried writing a basic "hello world" that uses XMLHttpRequest instead of jQuery, no dice. So I'm wondering if there is a permissions thing that I'm overlooking, or if I've completely lost my mind.

and just to get the obvious stuff out of the way: yes, I have AllowNetworkAccess set to "true", and have tried this with AllowFullAccess set either way
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.