Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Dashboard dev resources and multiple HTML files

mbierman

Posted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 - 6:25 pm    Post subject: Dashboard dev resources and multiple HTML files Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm new to Dashboard widget development and am looking for some general resources on widget development. Specifically, I'm looking for a spec on what files are allowed and not...even more specifically, are multiple HTML files allowed other than the one listed in the PLIST file?

I realize that one method is to contain every screen of the widget in <div> tags and show and hide them but I would like to know if another approach is sanctioned for Dashboard widgets. For example, say I wanted to have a widget start with with 'index.html' and 'index.html' had a link to a second html file, "second.html". "second.html" could of course complete the navigation back to 'index.html' or even have links to "third.html". and so on.

Where is the best place to find documentation on Widget specs that might answer these types of questions?

Cheers,

--
Michael Bierman
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.