Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Mobile Website as a Widget

josiah

Posted: Sat May 16, 2009 - 11:33 am    Post subject: Mobile Website as a Widget Reply with quote

Hi all,

I was curious about how to embed a mobile website into a dashboard widget. I just want the widget to load my mobile website URL at launch, and then be able to follow the links in the mobile site.

I guess this is similar to what I encountered with UIWebView in iPhone development.

Any ideas?
Hawkman

Posted: Sun May 17, 2009 - 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you're looking for a Safari WebClip! I don't know if there's any way that these can be made distributable, though perhaps by modifying the webclip widget itself?

I'm not sure that there's a straightforward way to do this, though; in many ways, widgets are more like apps than webviews. You could look into making your own widget plugin in cocoa which displays a webview; alternatively maybe intercept links in the widget's content using javascript, then load the linked page using xmlhttprequest and substitute it.

I may be overlooking a simple solution here, but I'm not aware of a completely straightforward way to do this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.