Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

widget for tiger: HELP!

fastman

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 - 9:55 am    Post subject: widget for tiger: HELP! Reply with quote

I'm developing a widget for both leopard and tiger dashboards. I'm using Dashcode. I noticed that using a CSS with webkit like "-webkit-border-top-left-radius: 12px 12px;" doesn't work in tiger dashboard. I already updated safari to the most recent version (where the widget works fine) but it remains not working in dashboard area, i.e., the div remains a perfect rectangular shape without round corners. How can I solve this problem ? Do I have to update something else related with tiger' dashboard ??

Thanks!
Hawkman

Posted: Thu May 28, 2009 - 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as Dashboard uses whatever version of WebKit you have installed, just like Safari, I'm very surprised to hear it works in one and not the other. To the best of my knowledge, -webkit-border-radius should work fine under Tiger, with recent Safari versions. Which leads me to wonder if you're actually suffering from the cached widget bug; it might be worth rebooting.

If you can't get it working, maybe consider whether it's vital that this element has rounded corners in Tiger anyway. It may not matter if it's different for some users.

I still have one Tiger machine running, if you'd like someone else to test it for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
fastman

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 - 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm do not know how to solve this. What do meant by "Which leads me to wonder if you're actually suffering from the cached widget bug; it might be worth rebooting." I rebooted... but didn't work...

Here is an example.
http://dwidget.sourceforge.net/one.zip

Can you test it ?
Hawkman

Posted: Sun May 31, 2009 - 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Doesn't work for me, either, so I think that's that. My memory was incorrect.

You'll either have to fake it Dashcode makes it easy to use resizable rounded-rectangle shapes, or you can design in Photoshop or put up with inferior appearance on Tiger. Latest statistics show around 30% of web-using Mac owners still have Tiger.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.