Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

How can I combine objects?

kwhitmore43

Posted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 - 3:34 am    Post subject: How can I combine objects? Reply with quote

I am building a game widget that uses both images and oval objects. My concept is to use an oval object as a playing piece, with an image placed in front of it to differentiate the piece from others. To simplify the handling of these elements, I'd like to make the image a child of the oval object. However, I see that the object's class is "apple-no-children" and that DashCode's GUI doesn't provide a way to change the class to allow children. In fact, the only object type that I found allows children is the scrolling area, which is definitely not what I need for this purpose.

Can I edit the widget's generated HTML and CSS files to enclose the oval object and the image object in a <div> wrapper, with it's own ID, class and event handlers, or will my changes to the HTML file get overwritten by DashCode?

Will DashCode's debugger recognize elements I define by editing the HTML file, and will it properly trace into those elements' event handlers?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.