Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Artist needed.

schwatoo

Posted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 - 11:53 pm    Post subject: Artist needed. Reply with quote

I'm working on a (IMHO) really cool idea for a widget. I mean blow you away col.

Unfortunately I'm just a coder and possess zero artistic talent. So I need someone to work on the graphics while I concentrate on the Objective-C side of things.

Anyone care to volunteer their time for no reward beyond fame and glory?
Andi

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

???

Which kind of style have you got in mind?

1 or 2 more hints pls. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
abrooks

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, can we have some more details. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
TheBartender

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all over it! Though, yes some details are needed. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
schwatoo

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 - 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK well I have two widget ideas

1) The first idea is just a pipe dream right - I'm currently working on a Cocoa application that talks to handheld GPS devices. I was thinking of taking that code and wrapping it up in a widget that can display the user's current latitutude & longitude - and then take that information and download a map of their current location from terraserver and/or other sources.

All I'd need for this is a pretty border for the widget and maybe some custom controls (zoom in, pan map) and so on. I might also display waypoint icons on the map that (waypoints are downloaded from the GPS device).

2) The second idea is the one i'm currently working on right now. I'm loathe to discuss it further because I think it is a pretty radical idea and is quite different to any widget I've ever seen before (incl. Konfabulator widgets). But essentially I'd need a frame for a widget that acts kind of like a magnifying glass... The frame of the glass would have little buttons and levers and other mechanical gadgets on it to manipulate the data you are viewing through the lens of the glass...
Sembazuru

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 - 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you still looking for an artist, or have you found one? Because I believe I fall into that category. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 - 1:14 am    Post subject: Sample widget interface Reply with quote

Here's a sample for the 'unknown' widget.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
blurry
Quality Control

Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 - 3:17 pm    Post subject: Designers Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I'm in a similar situation to schwatoo - a developer, but lacking any artistic talent whatsoever!

I'm just wondering if there would be people willing to do some nice graphics to go with widgets us artistally challenged coders put together.

Personally, I'm working on an RSS reader widget. It's kind of like the JaRSS widget in the showcase, but it lets you enter the URL of the feed instead of selecting it from a list, and also reads RDF feeds.

If anyone's got some free time and fancies getting their name on the credits, I'm after a good-looking PNG about 300x400 big, with a space at the top for the channel name and description, and the main body of it blank, to be populated with a text field for the channel items.

Any designers willing to help me out?

George.
Amazan

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 - 9:48 am    Post subject: Widget "team" Reply with quote

Hey guys im trying to put together a sort of team of artists and coders that like to do it ib there spare time so that we can write widgets and maybe even some software so if any one is intrested just send me an email
Amazan

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 - 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i forgot to write some thing the whole idea behing my team or whatever you want to call it is that you dont have to go through things like this evrey resorce you could ever need is right there
so again if your intrested send me an email or i am on ichat all the time im going to try to put a site up for my team asap
Sembazuru

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 - 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazan:

No offense, but learn how to type. If you want to "put together a team", at least attempt to make it sound as if you're ready to be serious and professional about it, and not sound like some twelve-year-old with a LiveJournal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 - 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be nice, guys. Smile
defender90

Posted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 - 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schwatoo wrote:
OK well I have two widget ideas

1) The first idea is just a pipe dream right - I'm currently working on a Cocoa application that talks to handheld GPS devices. I was thinking of taking that code and wrapping it up in a widget that can display the user's current latitutude & longitude - and then take that information and download a map of their current location from terraserver and/or other sources.

All I'd need for this is a pretty border for the widget and maybe some custom controls (zoom in, pan map) and so on. I might also display waypoint icons on the map that (waypoints are downloaded from the GPS device).

2) The second idea is the one i'm currently working on right now. I'm loathe to discuss it further because I think it is a pretty radical idea and is quite different to any widget I've ever seen before (incl. Konfabulator widgets). But essentially I'd need a frame for a widget that acts kind of like a magnifying glass... The frame of the glass would have little buttons and levers and other mechanical gadgets on it to manipulate the data you are viewing through the lens of the glass...

Hi, I am very intersted. How are you doing on this? I have also some ideas for this
dnagrim

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 - 2:42 pm    Post subject: Artist Available Reply with quote

Anybody that needs artwork done for wrapping their widget, shoot me an email with particulars. Most of my work has been online and print, but I am pretty flexible.

Spent the last few years in writing and marketing, but looking to update my resume and widget skinning would be a great place to start.

I like to work everything as if it were a paying project, even if it is just pro bono or a service swap. Just keeps it nice and professional. Any interest let me know at danny.lee.grimes@gmail.com

Danny
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.