Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

LiveJournal

noradninja

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 - 10:29 pm    Post subject: LiveJournal Reply with quote

I was curious, if I put up artwork would anyone be interested in writing a widget for posting to LiveJournal?
TonicAngel

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 - 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to have a livejournal widget!! I use livejournal all the time.
noradninja

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 - 11:13 pm    Post subject: RE Livejournal Reply with quote

All I need is someone to help me code it; I can create artwork and such on my own if anyone would be willing to put up time for the code.
CraigStanton

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 - 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, count me in. I'll need to start looking into their API for findingout what groups you belong to and such, but I'll do all that after I have managed to post regular "public" posts.

Have you done the graphics already?
noradninja

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 - 1:06 am    Post subject: Mockups/graphics Reply with quote

They can be done this weekend. I have classes at fullsail mon-fri but I could put something nice together by sun if that is allright. I will post some mockups on here to give an idea of what it will look like sat for feedback, and so you can start to put some code together, and then the finals on sun. They need to be alpha-channeled .PNG don't they? Thanks for your interest, I am really looking forward to not using a separate app to post on LJ.
dmitrek

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 - 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is a widget for livejournal already.
check zlj post
www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/dashboard/zljpost.html
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
noradninja

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 - 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our LJ posting widget is far more feature complete than this, and will be done soon.
dmitrek

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 - 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, let's see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
CraigStanton

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 - 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for some help finding out the XML the LJ requires for receiving the Mood and Music tags. The documentation just describes it as a Struct with lots of Pairs, but I haven't had any luck with that yet. When that small thing is sorted out there will be a 0.9 beta release, to see if early adopters have problems. And if they report any I'll fix them up before 1.0 goes public.

DashboardWidgets will be among the first places it will get posted.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.