Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

How to finish up a widget?

biglair

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 - 5:37 am    Post subject: How to finish up a widget? Reply with quote

Ok I have created my main html file, my Info.plist and defualt.png....But it's not launching. If i open someone elses widget up and delete all of thier html code and copy mine in there, my widget works. Is there something I need to do. Here is what I did:
1. Created a folder name.html
2.placed my main.html, Info.plist and default image in there.
3. Changed the extension from name.html to name.wdgt. The Folder then changed to a wdgt icon.
4. When i double click on it to launch it nothing happens. Also if I drop it into the widgets folder it will not allow me to drop it onto my screen.

any help will be much appreciated.
Chris

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 - 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your info.plist isn't set up right.

Make sure the string for the MainHTML key is main.html.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
biglair

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 - 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my Info.plist had an error. My DefualtImage was spelt incorrectly. Once I fixed the error everything worked great.

Thanks Again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.