Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Comments and Suggestions

Moderation for submissions

jtylko

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 - 9:42 pm    Post subject: Moderation for submissions Reply with quote

It needs to be much quicker....I can help out with this if you need extra mods..
pm
Administrator

Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2005 - 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
For the last few weeks, Gnome and I have been approving widgets by ourselves. With widgets being uploaded at times when we are not available, wait times were sometimes relatively long (though never longer than 8 hours). However, once Tiger is released, we will formalize approval procedures for the entire team and will therefore have a lot more help.

Thank you for your offer, though.
sean

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 - 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the widget submission, I just updated my wikipedia widget about an hour ago. Afterwards, rather than go to bed like I should have, I found the cause of one of the major bugs, fixed it and uploaded the update again with the same version number. Sorry about making extra work for you guys, but would you make sure the newest version is kept?

Thanks,

Sean
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Jeremy
Administrator

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 - 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean: I have just approved your widget submission, please double check that this is the correct version. If it is not, please re-upload your newest version and it will be re-approved for you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
sean

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 - 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeremy, I've uploaded a new version of the widget, would you please approve?

Thanks guys, for running such a great site. This place should really take off in a few days.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 - 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sean,
No need to ask for approval, we'll look through all widgets in the queue as soon as we get a chance (yours has already been posted).
sean

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 - 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a problem with posting an update using the same version number as the previous update? I posted the original file (my midnight mix-up) as 0.3b, then when I fixed one more problem, I reuploaded, intending to replace the existing 0.3b before anyone could get to it. However, the file wasn't replaced, so I updated again with the same version number to put a good file up. I just checked the file, and it's still the old copy...

I'll upload again with a new version number, hopefully that'll solve it. I'm positive it's the right file this time, so we'll see what happens Wink
pm
Administrator

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 - 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Showcase's filesystem is based on version number so you will need to change the number if you upload a new version.
philk

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 - 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watcha all. It would be nice if there was a download counter for each widget. I would also like to see a rating display beside the showcased widgets without having to enter into the individual description.
Some of the widgets have been left up for a while now with no attempt or feedback regarding bugs. Check out the netspeed widgets from woodguy!
Is he serious or is it just a link to his main interest?
pm
Administrator

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 - 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil,
There is actually a download counter on the widget details page. It shows both downloads for this version and downloads for all versions. We're also working on improved preview blocks.

We'll be pulling all widgets that don't work this evening, we've just built in the function that will allow us to do that.
philk

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 - 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply. You guys are really on the ball.

Top site by the way!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.