Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Resizeable window?

JohnnyBender

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 - 6:11 pm    Post subject: Resizeable window? Reply with quote

Has anyone been able to do this successfully? I'd love an example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
iremembercliford

Posted: Mon Apr 25, 2005 - 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This depends what you mean by resizable, but if you mean like the AddressBook one, then there is already an example. It's called Stretcher.wdgt, located in the Developer Examples.
sean

Posted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 - 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just finished making my wikipedia widget resizable, it should be in the showcase soon. The code behind it is fairly simple (with examples of course...), redoing the css is the killer. But maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like tedious trial and error crap.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
JohnnyBender

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 - 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sean wrote:
I just finished making my wikipedia widget resizable, it should be in the showcase soon. The code behind it is fairly simple (with examples of course...), redoing the css is the killer. But maybe I'm the only one who doesn't like tedious trial and error crap.

It doesn't *remember* it was resized though. That's what I'm trying to get it to do.
sean

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 - 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just a matter of writing to the preferences. I haven't tried it yet, but it doesn't seem to be too hard, based on what I've seen with the existing Apple widgets.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.