Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

Laundry Care Widget?

BlueFrog

Posted: Wed Apr 27, 2005 - 10:19 pm    Post subject: Laundry Care Widget? Reply with quote

Okay, after wrecking a few pairs of pants, some shirts, and other stuff, I've discovered there are little tags on clothing with odd symbols. Apparently you're supposed to know what these things mean (which most 20-something single guys don't).

My idea (and it's a simple one): the Laundry Care Guide. This seems to be a perfect widget - something that you quickly look at, and isn't too complex.

Here's a page with the icons, and the meanings: http://www.textileaffairs.com/lguide.htm

What do you guys think? Something that's handy and easy to do, or should I study up and remember these little things?

BlueFrog
masto

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 - 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what you want is called a "bookmark". I don't see the point of all the widgets that display one hard-coded item.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
BlueFrog

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be an ***. I assume you'll tell eveyone else that they need a real clock, a calendar, or a calculator on their desk instead of widgets.

I suggested the widget because it should be easy to make something that's helpful for people in a compact and cool way. Obviously I already have the thing bookmarked. What I didn't ask for was some *** to come on here and suggest that I bookmark a website. Half the widgets out there are pulling in comics, webcams, RSS feeds and other material that could be easily bookmarked. You're going to be a busy boy posting "bookmark this" to threads.

BlueFrog
JetwingX

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can see where you are coming from, but it might just be better to memorize them
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 - 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone: Be nice.

BlueFrog:
Terms of Service Point 2 - Profanity:
"DashboardWidgets strives to provide an evironment for all ages and, in accordance with MUGnetwork policies, takes a firm stance on profanity. Profanity in comments, forum posts and descriptions is strictly forbidden. Failure to comply could result in account termination."

Watch it.
BlueFrog

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 - 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that PowerMac. I didn't consider the use of those words to be profane since they're used regularily on network television shows rated PG-13 (yes, I use a television rating system as a language guide - haha). Thanks for the heads up.

BlueFrog
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.