Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Version checking

sean

Posted: Fri Apr 29, 2005 - 9:22 pm    Post subject: Version checking Reply with quote

What does everyone think about version checking? I've been considering putting a small text note in the bottom left corner of the back when there's a new version of my wikipedia widget available. It would simply check a certain page on my website for a small text file with the current version, and put a note there, something along the lines of "There's a new version available" that can be clicked on to open Safari pointed at the download page.

I bet there are a lot of people who will never (or rarely) check for a new version of the widgets they use, but then again, there might be some people who don't like the idea of a widget checking on its own. I plan on updating the wikipedia widget pretty regularly, as it needs quite a bit of work before it will be perfect, and each update will add functionality... Well, any suggestions?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.