Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

a German language widget? please?

Nexus810

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 - 3:16 pm    Post subject: a German language widget? please? Reply with quote

Hey I am not a developer but I was wondering if anyone could make (or knows of) a widget dealing wtih the german language?

Something like a dictionary (quickdic.org ?) or a strong verbs list or like a 501 German Verbs. Something would be real sweet for us German students.

I don't know if its possible or if anyone would want to make it but I am just putting it out there in case someone knows if there is one. Thanks
gnomette

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hey I am not a developer but I was wondering if anyone could make (or knows of) a widget dealing wtih the german language?

Something like a dictionary (quickdic.org ?) or a strong verbs list or like a 501 German Verbs. Something would be real sweet for us German students.
</quote>

Interesting idea. I could do it - do you happen to know where I could find a free online German (or any other kind) dictionary to use? I could just use BabelFish, but that would be rather slow.. (and wouldn't have verb conjugations and such..)

Jim Witte (connoisseur of French and Italian..)[quote]

PS. I wonder why even *Safari* doesn't support standard NSTextView spell-chekcing with forms.. I understand why Camino doesn't (it uses quickdraw views to draw forms, not Cocoa), but *Safari*? C'mon Apple!
Nexus810

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.quickdic.org

www.canoo.net

quickdic has verb conjugations nad sayings but mostly a translation dictionary. it is one of hte best

canoo is really good with verbs and such.they also link to a major dictionary called leo i believe.
seb2

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus810 wrote:
they also link to a major dictionary called leo i believe.

Leo indeed is a very nice free online dictionary: http://dict.leo.org/
They don't only have (single) words but also expressions containing the search term.
Mayhem

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gnomette wrote:
PS. I wonder why even *Safari* doesn't support standard NSTextView spell-chekcing with forms.. I understand why Camino doesn't (it uses quickdraw views to draw forms, not Cocoa), but *Safari*? C'mon Apple!

Err, what? Safari has had spellchecking since day one. If it is not activated right-/control-click a form element and enable it in the contextual menu, once you've done it twice (once for inputs, once for textareas) it should always be on.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 8:53 am    Post subject: leo widget Reply with quote

seb2 wrote:
Nexus810 wrote:
they also link to a major dictionary called leo i believe.

Leo indeed is a very nice free online dictionary: http://dict.leo.org/
They don't only have (single) words but also expressions containing the search term.

there is already a leo-widget. Found it on a german dashboard-widget site called tiger-widgets.de http://www.tiger-widgets.de/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=search&query=leo
pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DashboardWidgets has two:

http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/showcase/search.php?q=leo&a=&s=1&c=12&submit=Search
Nexus810

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

while the leo dictionary widgit is nice a verb conjugation thing would also be real sweet. Canoo.net does that

thanks for thei info though!
bby

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

powermac99 wrote:
DashboardWidgets has two:

http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/showcase/search.php?q=leo&a=&s=1&c=12&submit=Search

hmm, sorry. read the request and didn't knew dw.com lists it already...

ouch

bby
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.