Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

suggestion; weekday calculator (javascript working on web)

gordoncharlton

Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 - 6:42 pm    Post subject: suggestion; weekday calculator (javascript working on web) Reply with quote

Hi.

Looking for a simple project to cut your teeth on developing dashboard widgets?

Here is some javascript I wrote several years ago (in fact, the last thing I wrote before myalgic encephalomyelopathy made programming impossible for me.) It is fully debugged, tested on numerous platforms over the years and is hand crafted and neatly laid out.

As I am not able to continue it's development as I would wish, I am delighted to be able to offer it without restriction to anyone who fancies wigetising it.

What does it do?

It is a weekday calculator - on opening it displays a sentence, of the form,

The [1st] of [May] [2005] is the [first] [Sunday]

where each work in [brackets] is a drop down menu. Changing the contents of one menu causes other menus to change to keep the sentence true. So, for example, changing [first] to [fifth] would cause the sentence to read

The [29th] of [May] [2005] is the [fifth] [Sunday]

Impossible dates, such as the 30th of February, or a fifth Wednesday in May 2005 cannot be selected, and are replaced in the menus with -- dashes.

Initially the calendar shows the current date.

A few presets are included. These could be made configurable.

This is useful for people who go to clubs and societies that meet on a particular weekday in the month, and in fact this was developed for a masonic lodge.

Where can I see and download it?

It is at the bottom of this page... http://www.charlton.demon.co.uk/eastcote/meetings/index.html

and the source code is here... http://www.charlton.demon.co.uk/eastcote/meetings/calculator.js

If I do turn this into a widget, what then?

It would be lovely if you sent me a copy - gordon at charlton dot demon dot co dot uk - thank you very much.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.