Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Macromedia Flash widgets

flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 - 1:22 am    Post subject: Macromedia Flash widgets Reply with quote

To what extent can a flash swf be used as a widget. Would I simply create an html widget framework, and then just embed the swf. If it's that easy, I see all kinds of advantages to flash over just using bitmaps and piecing them together with code.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 - 4:34 am    Post subject: Sample Flash Widget Reply with quote

Can someone who has a working version of Tiger test this sample flash widget. It's just a clock with the hands spinning, but I'm wondering if it is indeed transparent around the edges as opposed to a white square with the clock running in the middle. It doesn't tell time or anything, the hands just spin rapidly. It runs fine in Safari, but want to know if I'm on the right track with widget development.

http://www.intershock.com/tiger/widgets/ClockWidget.sitx

Right click this link and 'save' to your desktop or wherever!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
Brian

Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2005 - 6:04 pm    Post subject: Flash Widgets Reply with quote

Have checked out mProjector? We just released it. mProjector enables you to create full-blown apps or standalone widgets in Flash.

http://www.screentime.com/software/mprojector/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
jyee

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 - 4:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample Flash Widget Reply with quote

flashmanburgess wrote:
Can someone who has a working version of Tiger test this sample flash widget.

The widget briefly appears in dashboard (orange clock in a white box... no transparency), but then disappears. The console log reports: "Failed to create startup object." This is with Tiger build 8a369
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 - 4:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Sample Flash Widget Reply with quote

jyee wrote:
The widget briefly appears in dashboard (orange clock in a white box... no transparency), but then disappears. The console log reports: "Failed to create startup object." This is with Tiger build 8a369

Yes, I've now tested it within Tiger and get the same thing. I didn't do any research as to how they should be set-up, so this was as crude a widget as they get. Working on a better version with someone who knows quite a bit about the programming side of the widget, so I'll get some sample Flash stuff done here relatively soon.
micah

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 - 3:59 pm    Post subject: flash focus Reply with quote

Hi, I've been developing a widget that uses macromedia flash. I've been able to show the flash with no problem. However I've had problems gettting the focus of the keyboard and mouse to the flash swf. I've tried setting a control region (at least now it doesn't drag) however flash still can't maintain its focus. Anyone else have this problem/solution?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
DeMango

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 - 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, I've got that same problem...didn't find a solution yet though
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN MessengerWidgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.