Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Widgets and Functionality

iceicemushie

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 - 3:18 am    Post subject: Widgets and Functionality Reply with quote

This is my basic impression of widgets released thus far for Tiger. I do not pretend to be able to design widgets. However, I am someone who uses my mac for practically everything, and I am a bit disappointed.

I would like to see widgets become more integrated with the usability of the operating system. Rather than coming out with a gmail notifier right away, what about a widget that notifies you when Mail has a new message? Instead of an internode usage meter (no offense of course to the talented programmer who developed it) why not an iCal to do list widget?

I enjoy things like the iTunes remote because it aids you in user functionality on the actual computer. Of course I'm having a blast with the google widget and the dopple viewer, but I wish people would focus more on functionality within OS X Tiger. I am disappointed with Apple's releases because I feel they lack in this arena.

Thoughts?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.