Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Dashboard Replacing Sherlock But Some Parts Missing

julzmon

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 - 11:58 am    Post subject: Dashboard Replacing Sherlock But Some Parts Missing Reply with quote

As I can tell they are replacing Sherlock with Dashboard since they really have not touched Sherlock for ever now. What I don't see is any kind of movie times viewer like they have in Sherlock.

Do you think Apple will add one before Tiger is out?

I use the movie times Sherlock all the time! I would hate to lose it. So for developers here... if Apple doesn't include one I think you need to step up to the plate. I think if it's a top quality Dashboard why not charge for it?

Also viewing the Demo of Dashboard on Apples site. I see that they don't include the map view with the new YellowPages. That is a shame also because I use that all the time also. I'm not sure what they are doing by taking away features that everyone uses all the time?

My thoughts.
pourhadi
Administrator

Posted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 - 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apple's not removing anything, and Sherlock isn't necessarily being replaced by Dashboard.

And the things you mention, such as the lack of maps, is just specific to one that one widget. Anyone can put together a widget with YellowPages directions and a map. That's the nice thing about Dashboard.
julzmon

Posted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 - 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Sherlock included in the latest Tiger builds?
jtrent

Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 - 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Dashboard Replacing Sherlock But Some Parts Missing Reply with quote

julzmon wrote:
As I can tell they are replacing Sherlock with Dashboard since they really have not touched Sherlock for ever now. What I don't see is any kind of movie times viewer like they have in Sherlock.

Do you think Apple will add one before Tiger is out?

I use the movie times Sherlock all the time! I would hate to lose it. So for developers here... if Apple doesn't include one I think you need to step up to the plate. I think if it's a top quality Dashboard why not charge for it?

Also viewing the Demo of Dashboard on Apples site. I see that they don't include the map view with the new YellowPages. That is a shame also because I use that all the time also. I'm not sure what they are doing by taking away features that everyone uses all the time?

My thoughts.

dashboardMovies 0.2 has been uploaded to the showcase and is pending approval.

dashboardMovies@gmail.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.