Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

deleted

mjgrothaus

Posted: Mon May 02, 2005 - 10:24 pm    Post subject: deleted Reply with quote

deleted
toholio

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 - 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: Movie Showtimes widget Reply with quote

mjgrothaus wrote:
I can't believe Apple left this one out!

I can Wink

Do you have a source that the required information can be pulled from in plaintext or XML?
mjgrothaus

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 - 12:15 pm    Post subject: deleted Reply with quote

deleted
sean

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 - 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that helps. That google page shouldn't be too hard to pull the data out of. I'm not gonna do it, but I'd be willing to lend a hand once in a while if someone else wants to tackle the project. Or if no one has come up with something decent in the next couple months, I'll make one. I'd be willing to bet there more than a few people working (or attempting to anyway...) on this though.

You might want to take a look at Beautiful Soup for parsing the html, but I'm not sure that it would be necessary. You should be able to pull out what you need using only javascript and regular expressions, but TV Tracker uses this successfully:

http://www.crummy.com/software/BeautifulSoup/

Moviefone lists the theaters on multiple pages, it seems, and there's so much extra crap on the page it would take longer to process. For what it's worth, google's page is missing two theaters in my town, moviefone is missing one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.