Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Which programms to use for developement!?

jR

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 - 3:51 am    Post subject: Which programms to use for developement!? Reply with quote

Hey Guys!
I got some questions, can you tell me which programms do you use for developing? Is it true that XCODE 2 in tiger give you the possibility to develope widgets? Is in XCODE 2 a HTML-editor to do that? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
draino

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 - 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vi.. or skEdit.. depends where I'm at.
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 - 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vi and SubEthaEdit. Smile
Dori

Posted: Tue May 03, 2005 - 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBEdit! I've been using it for Web sites for years, so using it for widgets is just second nature.

If you've never used BBEdit, check out its free little brother TextWrangler.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
jR

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ok!

ive tested all those programmes and finaly do i use "tag", it's a goodlookin programm BUT shareware!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
funkdaddy

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 - 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TextWrangler... it's BBEdit lite - free!
kingmob

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 - 12:11 pm    Post subject: My toolbelt. Reply with quote

For the HTML, CSS and JavaScript, I use SubEthaEdit. Not only is it a great editor, but my JS skills are really bad, and with SEE, it's really easy to call in help from some js-expirienced friends of mine.

For the graphics, I use Photoshop - what else Smile

And if you didn't know it already, the Property List Editor that comes with XCode (in /Developer/Applications/Utilities ) is your best friend when it comes to .plists Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ NumberWidgets
Dori

Posted: Sat May 07, 2005 - 3:56 pm    Post subject: Re: My toolbelt. Reply with quote

kingmob wrote:
For the graphics, I use Photoshop - what else Smile

What else? Macromedia Fireworks. It's native file format is PNG, and it's much simpler for a non-graphics person like me to wrap their brain around.

Please, Adobe, don't kill it!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.