Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Javascript POST form issue

fishnyc22

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 10:15 am    Post subject: Javascript POST form issue Reply with quote

I am making a widget that uses the POST method to submit a form. I am using the following javascript to send the variables in the object:
Code:

document.frm.method="Post";
document.frm.action="http://www.myURL.com/submit.php";
document.frm.submit();

When I do this, it submits to the site, but the site I'm submitting to has a success page that replaces my widget with their page on a transparent background.

I thought, maybe if I add:
Code:

document.frm.target="_blank";

it will force the submission to send from a blank page that doesn't exist because its a widget, but it didn't work. The form wasn't submitted.

My question is. How can I do 1 of 2 things.

1) get the success page to appear on a solid background or load in a part of my widget

or, more preferably,

2) suppress the success page and just submit to the page without affecting my widget.

Is there another way to submit the form without receiving a reply page back. I don't have control over the site I am submitting to so I can change anything on their end.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.