Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

bonSearch not loading as well as others

JetwingX

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 7:10 pm    Post subject: bonSearch not loading as well as others Reply with quote

I have already talked with the author. and we have gone through every step he can think of.

but what is happening is that when i put bonSearch in the widget folder, and try to open it up from the widget bar, it just gives me an error sound.

same thing for woodguitarsmall.

i have uninstalled, reinstalled, rebooted and a bunch of other things all with out success.

help?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of widgets on this site that were made before Tiger was not released to the general public (woodguitarsmall is one of them). We are working to contact developers to straighten it out.

However, for the latest version of bonSearch works for me.
JetwingX

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly. it is working for most people. just not for me Crying or Very sad
what ever. if it doesn't work, it won't be the end of the world :koolaid:
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's unusual Sad
JetwingX

Posted: Wed May 04, 2005 - 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hunch it will be fixed by 10.4.1 or 10.4.2 or the next version of the app Flowers
bonAveo

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 - 9:14 pm    Post subject: Working. Reply with quote

Hi, bonSearch is working in Tiger.
Not heard anyone complain about it before.

If your using Safari it shoud be installed just by downloading the .zip-file.

If it's not installed try:

Reboot.

Try spotlighting for "bonSearch", delete all files you find. Download it again, but CTRL+Click it and save it on your desktop open the zip-file and copy the bonSearch.wdgt file into /Library/Widgets and not to ~/Library/Widgets.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Widgets
JetwingX

Posted: Fri May 06, 2005 - 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

already tried it :-\
JetwingX

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 - 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fixed my problem. I ended up reinstalling 10.4

but what was happening was that i was not being asked if i wanted to run this widget for the first time
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.