Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

"Unit Converter" Bug?

iceberg

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 - 12:56 am    Post subject: "Unit Converter" Bug? Reply with quote

I believe that the Dashboard Widget known as "unit converter" has a minor bug when converting units of speed. If you try to convert from or to Miles/Hour & Miles/Minute, it will calculate wrong.

For example, I chose to convert 60 MPH -> miles/minute, and the result is "0.99997152" instead of "1". Likewise the reverse is true if you try to convert 1 Miles per Minute ->MPH, the result is "60.001709" instead of "60".

If this isn't a bug, can someone explain how it's a feature?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
sean

Posted: Thu May 05, 2005 - 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a bug. I assume the math is done with 'floats,' and the innate inaccuracies aren't rounded off. Probably not hard to fix, maybe you should submit a bug report to Apple, or play with the code to round the numbers somewhere along the line.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.