Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Tiger Troubles

flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 - 2:51 am    Post subject: Tiger Troubles Reply with quote

Anyone having problems with the latest build (8a369) rebooting the finder over and over. The desktop goes blank and replaces all drive icons (finder crashes basically) every minute or so.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
jyee

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 - 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problems here. the only problem i've had in the past week was dashboard crashing taking the dock with it... other than that 8a369 has been the most stable build i've had.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
peterwor

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 - 7:23 pm    Post subject: Easy fix Reply with quote

My guess is that you have the StuffitAVDaemon running at startup and finder crashes and relaunches every 90 seconds??
Remove the stuffit daemon and your problems should go away.

Cheers,
Pw
flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 - 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've recently updated 8a368 with 8a385 and now the system runs so poorly it's not worth running. It appears that the graphics driver is to blame here as I get no effects (dock scaling, dashboard effects, widgets don't even flip now, they just toggle from front to back.)

Should I do a fresh install vs. update?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
jyee

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 - 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the 8a385 seednote:
Upgrades over previous version of Tiger seed builds are NOT working or supported. For Tiger over Tiger updates, please do only "Erase and Install" or "Archive and Install".

As far as i can remember (back to 10.2 seeds), it has always been advised to do installs and not updates.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 - 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helps if you read the seed notes. Thank you, that fixed everything.

Paul
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.