Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

editing the .plist

woodguy32

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 - 8:21 pm    Post subject: editing the .plist Reply with quote

I like to know which app is best for editing the .plist, when I work on one it seems to open in omni outliner..but it just doesn't save the keys correctly..

so I really like to know what is best app. for editing and saving plist

.I have seen apple has one.. but I don't have a developing kit..

thank you.. woodguy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 - 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have gotten a DevTools CD with OS X--if you didn't, or you lost one, a free membership with Apple's ADC will allow you a download for no cost. They have some really handy and nifty tools in there, I highly recommend it's installation.
blurry
Quality Control

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 - 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tool for editing PLIST files that's supplied on the developer tools CD, has the unimaginative name of 'Property list editor'.

After installing the dev tools, the PLIST editor will be somewhere under /Developer/Applications.

George.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 - 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you... I went though all the disc I have laying around and I found Xcode tools disc.. I redid the plist and it saved fine...but I have no idea if it works on tiger.,
thanks woodguy32
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
blurry
Quality Control

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 - 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you post a link, or put the widget in the showcase, I'll test it under Tiger and let you know the outcome.

George.

Posted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 - 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VI (or VIm if your system has that as a VI replacement)!!!

seriously, i use VI to edit everything from widget plists to PHP for my real job. yay for hardcore text editors!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.