Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Requests

AppleGeeks.com Comic Widget?

samuryan

Posted: Sun May 08, 2005 - 10:55 pm    Post subject: AppleGeeks.com Comic Widget? Reply with quote

Can someone make an applegeeks.com comic viewer?

I would love to have the latest comic on my dashboard Smile

thx
kingmob

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 - 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be rather easy to make, but webcomic widgets have a huge flaw - if they display the whole comic width, they are VERY large (thus breaking the Apple HIG), and if not, they are ugly and a pain to navigate. You'd be better off setting AppleGeeks as your starting page in Safari - or just write a small Automator script that pulls the comic each day and makes it your desktop background Smile

Posted: Mon May 09, 2005 - 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingmob wrote:
...or just write a small Automator script that pulls the comic each day and makes it your desktop background Smile

never thought of that. I just installed Tiger yesterday, so I haven't given Automator a try yet Smile

forget the widget Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.