Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Comments and Suggestions

Showcase

gnome
Administrator

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 - 10:38 am    Post subject: Showcase Reply with quote

What features would you like to see for the next version of the DBD showcase? We have some really cool features in mind but I thought I would ask our users if they had any suggestions.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 - 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ratings? Wink
flashmanburgess
Quality Control

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 - 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratings for sure. Star Star Star Star Star
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN MessengerWidgets
Garcon

Posted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 - 9:37 pm    Post subject: Categories Reply with quote

Two things.
How about a short list under each category displaying the Widgets they contain, therefore elimating the need to look at each category if you want to see all the Widgets on the site.
I like that rating idea. How about a "top rated" list, and also a "most downloads" list? Those would be really handy.
blurry
Quality Control

Posted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 - 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few ideas...

1) As already mentioned, ratings would be awesome, especially if there were also 'Top rated' and 'Top downloaded' lists.
2) A URL to a website for the widget, so the user can quickly find other versions, release notes, news, etc. This could be entered in the description, but a specific URL field would make it more formal
3) The showcase doesn't render properly in Firefox. Could this be fixed? Razz

George.

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 - 4:06 pm    Post subject: Suggestions Reply with quote

A "not so many layers" version. This is not a dashboard widget ! The page goes weird while browsing a category in a narrow window.
The ability to browse all widgets (Sounds basic, but I did not find a way)
Keep categories to the right when inside a category (anyone thought about browsability here ?)
A way to not have a widget disappear from the homepage because the author post an update (yes, "Cacti" no longer available, I just did an update...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 - 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weird page will be fixed YBIZEUL Smile

Browsing all widgets? Hmmm. So simple. So ingenious. Razz No, seriously, I didn't think of that. I guess people might like to just browse rather than browse by category.

Quote:
A way to not have a widget disappear from the homepage because the author post an update (yes, "Cacti" no longer available, I just did an update...)

A feature, not a bug. It's for your own protection that widgets are verified after every upload and update. Thanks for understanding. Flowers

Quote:
Keep categories to the right when inside a category

Oops. Will fix. Cheers.

Quote:
ratings

It will be done. Very Happy Thanks for the comments on this. I realize this is a much wanted feature.

Quote:
How about a "top rated" list, and also a "most downloads" list?

Nice idea!

Thanks folks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.