Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Weather widget does not work in Argentina

lmasanti

Posted: Tue May 10, 2005 - 11:23 pm    Post subject: Weather widget does not work in Argentina Reply with quote

The AccuWeather.com site, when asked for the city of "Buenos Aires" shows a list of 11 cities.
Selecting "Buenos Aires, Argentina" gives the weather in my city.
But any intent from the weather widget for "Buenos Aires" or "Buenos Aires, Argentina" shows no answer.

Any ideas why and/or how to solve it?
kingmob

Posted: Wed May 11, 2005 - 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see a problem here, after all, you can get the weather for your city. When I first used the widget, it showed the weather for Vienna, but the numbers were completely wrong - it spoke of 9°C when it was 17°C here. After a bit of tinkering, I realized it did show the weather of Vienna - but Vienna, Illinois, USA, not Vienna, Austria Smile Chances are there are other cities in the world called Buenos Aires, this may explain why you get 11 results.

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 - 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Mendoza, and the weather widget works np here.

What you have to do, and if you are doing it already then disregard my reply, you put in the the city name and hit Return. After you do that, it will validate the city and it will work np, after of course it fetches the weather data for your new inputted city.

BTW heres a pic of the widget working for Mza.

ezoli

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 - 4:08 am    Post subject: Works well! Reply with quote

sebaz wrote:
I live in Mendoza, and the weather widget works np here.

What you have to do, and if you are doing it already then disregard my reply, you put in the the city name and hit Return. After you do that, it will validate the city and it will work np, after of course it fetches the weather data for your new inputted city.

BTW heres a pic of the widget working for Mza.

I'm living in Hungary, and the "copy-paste" process looks like good for me, too. Thanks!
Zoli Very Happy
weirdohenrico

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 - 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well - the weather widget may work for the city you are in but not for any city you type in. I typed in Manila -- it show a completely different forecast and the current weather compared to what was in the accuweather webpage -- the thing is the weather widget doesnt necessarily display the weather of your city -- yes it may be manila but manila in the other side of the world. I live in Manila, Philippines - but the weather widget displays the Manila somewhere in south or north america... pretty useless widget for me -- the only widget which you think would be pretty useful ends up being a frustration -- oh well - hope they fix it soon.
Craig

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 - 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you typing in "Manila, Philippines", I have to put "Auckland, New Zealand" in full to get a result
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
kingmob

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 - 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trick is to enter just your city name, then press enter - a sign underneath the city field will say "Validating...", and after a few seconds you get a pop-up list with possible finds.

I just checked, and weather widget knows three Manila's - one in Arkansas, one in Utah and one in the Philippines - just set the right one and you're good to go. Oh, and make sure to switch from Fahrenheit to Celcius too - that one scared the hell out of me the first time I used Dashboard ("54°C ? Are they insane?")

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 - 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't get Tokyo. "No cities found." Could someone else try for me? It doesn't make sense that Tokyo wouldn't be available. (and for the record, I can't get Buenos Aires or Vienna either.)
Craig

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 - 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tokyo works for me, type it in just like this and press enter

Tokyo, Japan

and please let us know if it fixes your problem
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
weirdohenrico

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 - 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply - Manila, Philippines does show up now -- it didnt before -- it must have been the 10.4.2 update. yehey now dashboard has become more useful
hackand

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 - 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious, because I was once fooling around with the weather widget and tried to get Buenos aires, Argentina and it got it right away. It always worked for me anytime I used it this way: City Name, Country, then enter. After The "Validating…" is gone the city always work. The weather widget obviously doesn't only work in the US, because the first time I even booted Tiger, I typed Santiago, Chile (my hometown) and worked perfectly from the firs second, and very accurately.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.