Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Normal Gmail widget?

propynyl

Posted: Fri May 13, 2005 - 7:48 pm    Post subject: Normal Gmail widget? Reply with quote

Why isn't there a NORMAL non-gimmiky gmail widget yet?

At the current time, I feel like 90% of all widgets are gimmiky at best.

-propynyl
weisheng

Posted: Sat May 14, 2005 - 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed! Just wish there could be a simple widget that simply displayed a number showing new messages in the inbox in a small discrete manner that could be tucked away in a corner. And maybe integrate some other features if possible, but hopefully not too bloated. Is it simple to do? Could anyone code something like that? Think it would be tremendously popular.
Chris

Posted: Sun May 15, 2005 - 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weisheng wrote:
Agreed! Just wish there could be a simple widget that simply displayed a number showing new messages in the inbox in a small discrete manner that could be tucked away in a corner. And maybe integrate some other features if possible, but hopefully not too bloated. Is it simple to do? Could anyone code something like that? Think it would be tremendously popular.

Haha. That's exactly what the old version used to do before we got asked to make it more full featured. If I can find it lying around, I'll post a link for you.

However, over the coming weeks (I'm incredibly busy at the moment, unfortunately) I'll be updating the current one to sit in a small way showing just the number of emails until you focus on it when it will roll out for the new features.

And it won't be anywhere near as big - I've been trying to get Steve to trim it down since the very beginning...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.