Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

XMLHttpRequest Bug?

mondoshawan

Posted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 - 12:43 am    Post subject: XMLHttpRequest Bug? Reply with quote

Hey all. I'm new here, so be nice. Wink

I'm running into an oddball problem with the current build of Safari (v1.2.4 build v125.12 -- I don't have the prerelease of Tiger as of yet, so I'm developing using standard Panther stuff) and I'm running into an oddball bug with the XMLHttpRequest object.

In particular, every time I make a POST request to a URL, the Safari is appending a NULL character to the end of my data string. I've verified that this is a Safari specific bug by testing in FireFox and on other Macs. I've also written a test case at http://www.theonelab.com/files/tests/xmlhttprequest.post.html -- you can see the bug by viewing the page in both Safari and FireFox at the same time.

Normally this wouldn't be much of an issue, except I'm sending an XML-RPC call, and the null is preventing the servers from parsing my request properly.

What I would like to know is, is this a known bug already, and if so, are there any workarounds? Also, does this bug exist in the prerelease builds of Safari bundled in the Tiger builds? In short, I guess I'm asking if anybody with the current prerelease builds of Tiger could go to the aforementioned URL and see if the bug persists. Smile

Any help is greatly appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
mondoshawan

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 - 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did some digging around on the 'net and finally posted to the WebCore-Dev mailing list that Apple hosts. According to the Apple engineers working on WebCore, the bugs have been fixed in the latest versions.

Just thought I'd give those who don't have the prereleases a heads up. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.