Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Comments and Suggestions

Do not remove widgets while reviewing

bert

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 - 5:36 pm    Post subject: Do not remove widgets while reviewing Reply with quote

When I post an update, the widget's previous version disappears from the site until the new version is approved. It would be much nicer if the previous version was still available.

Thanks,
Bert
gnome
Administrator

Posted: Mon May 16, 2005 - 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps for the next major revision. It's not easily done the way we have our database working now. Smile
Nate

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 - 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you didn't foresee this as a problem when creating this site but it's not the way it should work. The site should offer incentives to keep widgets up-to-date, not penalties.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Wed May 18, 2005 - 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right, it's definitely something we should have had in the first version. Unfortunately, we did not realize it would be an issue and now that the approval process has been set up, it would be excruciatingly difficult to change it.

Be assured, we do plan to add that functionality in the future but at this point, we're concentrating on bug fixes and smaller new features.
nigelkersten

Posted: Fri May 27, 2005 - 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this too, but was pleasantly surprised by how quickly human intervention comes into play...

you guys are doing a great job manually checking the widgets for QA, and man, you've hacked phpBB a lot... I run phpBB, and it's such a pain to get looking nice and individual.