Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

www.widgets4education.com

dwallace

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 - 2:34 pm    Post subject: www.widgets4education.com Reply with quote

Greetings,

My name is David Wallace and I am an educator from Missouri. Being a Konfabulator users and excited by seeing the power of Dashboard my mind races with the possibilities of how teachers can harness the power of Widgets to streamline their daily workflow. Although I have ?hacked? a few widgets in my day, I am not a programmer nor have the time or self confidence to be one. During a brainstorming session with some fellow geekie teacher friends we inspired to create a community where educators can gain a better understand of Widgets and have access to widgets that are created with teachers in mind. Thus www.widgets4education.com was born. Although now just a blank page, we vision this site being full of links where educators can download widgets that are customizable to their needs and make connections with programmers that can assist them in filling the void by producing custom widgets for them or their school district. So that I can better understand the process I would ask:

How does someone get a widget created?
How much would it cost and what would be process be to go from
concept to FDCW (Fully Developed Clickable Widget)
Do you see a means to profit from this market or is it just for the good of a better cause?
Have you had this dialogue with others?

So what's next step? I would invite you to answer the above questions and start the journey to see how we can maybe help each other, help the world! (or at least a few geekie teachers)

David Wallace
www.widgets4education.com
"Sharing my tools so that others may sharpen them"
pm
Administrator

Posted: Tue Mar 29, 2005 - 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, it's funny you ask today. The Dashboard Technology Preview (PDF) has just been released and answers several of your questions.

As for DBD specifically, we're not here to make money, simply to build a resource and community for Dashboard users and developers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.