Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

LiveJournal Widget tester required

CraigStanton

Posted: Fri May 20, 2005 - 10:24 pm    Post subject: LiveJournal Widget tester required Reply with quote

Hello Widget Users,
I'm looking for a few LiveJournal users who would like to try out my new widget. I think it is about ready for public comsumption but I'd rather have a few people look at it first and tell me if there is anything I missed. Use the site email form to send me your email address and I'll post the widget it to you.
First come first served Smile

Craig
robertlethiecq

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 - 12:17 pm    Post subject: Livejournal Reply with quote

I have started to use the livejournal widget and like it a lot. It works as I would want it to and makes my entries a lot easier. The only thing that I might want added to the widget is the spellcheck function that is part of the actual livejournal process. I used this feature all the time when I was using the site for posting, mostly to check whether I had put in apostrophes. Thanks for the widget Craig, its great.

-Rob
CraigStanton

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 - 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback.

OS X can check your spelling for you, you just need to know how to turn it on. If you control-click (or right-click if you have a two button mouse) in the main entry area you get a contextual menu that has a Spelling sub-menu. Choose 'Check Spelling as You Type' and from that moment on you LiveJournal entries will be checked in the usual way, red underlines for mistakes.

Enjoy
robertlethiecq

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 - 5:16 pm    Post subject: right click Reply with quote

Craig,
I was able to pull up the menu you described and select the spell check option by using the ctrl-click option, but I was unable to do so by using a 3rd party mouse and right clicking. I know that initially dashboard had some difficulties with 3rd party mice and the use of scroll wheels. Is it possible that dashboard doesnt allow you to right click or is there maybe something buggy about this widget when it comes to that? I am able to get the same menu on this form in safari by right clicking with my mouse, so I do not believe that the mouse itself is the problem. Thanks for the help, using the ctrl-click feature will save me a lot of time proofreading. I appreciate your quick feedback.

-Rob
CraigStanton

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 - 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly not aware of needing to do anything to activate a right-click in a widget. As far as I know it is Apple's responsibility to pass the message to the widget, either itt's a normal click, or it's an control-click. The control-click doesn't even reach the widget, the OS grabs it and does something itself. I have heard there are problems with scroll wheels in widgets too, sounds like someething Apple might address in 10.4.2, fingers crossed
robertlethiecq

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 - 5:42 pm    Post subject: Widget Manager showing 0.1 version Reply with quote

yeah, I even upgraded the widget, just to be sure. I happened to notice that you had a new version, which included some color options, which is very nice. I did notice that it shows the new version as the same version in Widget Manager however. Widget Manager is 3rd party software "Widget Manager v1.1.0
2005 Downtown Software House" but it is pretty well done and accurate in everything else I have used it with. I still have it stating Livewidget 0.1 even though it should now be 0.95 if I recall correctly. I made sure that I deleted the older version before adding the new version, but it is still showing as the old version number. I can definitely change the colors and all of that, so I am positive I am using the newer version.

-Rob
CraigStanton

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 - 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, this is why I don't move it up to version 1.0, there are bound to be things I have forgotten. The next revsion is in the works now, and I'll be sure to update the build number on the widget, thanks for finding that for me Smile
robertlethiecq

Posted: Sat May 28, 2005 - 5:51 pm    Post subject: Livejournal Widget Reply with quote

Craig,
No problem. Glad that I could help.If I find any other little things I will let you know.

-Rob
djheron

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 - 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use lj on a daily basis (well.. almost daily). If you're looking for more input PM me.
CraigStanton

Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 - 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download it and tell me what you think. I'm having trouble uploading my new version to this site, from Panther -Safari, Tiger-Safari , XP-FireFox.

If you want the latest, use the Technical Support link that is on the back of the widget.

http://www.dashboardwidgets.com/showcase/details.php?wid=475
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.