Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Gadget size

dev_nut

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 - 7:02 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

What does everyone think is an ideal size for a gadget to be? I notice that many are around 250 pixels wide, however I wonder if this is a bit large, if someone had many on their screen at the same time.

Then again, if they were too small, they wouldn't make a very good target. Would you make all your gadgets a similar size?
vmirce

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 - 7:02 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I don't have access to Tiger yet, but by the looks of it, the 'sticky note' size looks to be a good sized target to put stuff in. Of course, it depends on what your gadget does. If it is a simple gadget that displays one piece of info, obviously it should be smaller than, say, a calculator with 15 buttons.

It's all relative.
Mark

Well I have seen some very impressive widgets with very small interfaces. One in particular was one that let you perform SQL commands against a MySQL DB. And would be adjustble to show the output. Very small and very nice so yeah it is all relative.
Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.