Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Easy Way to Turn an Applescript into a Widget

Poll Results: Would you use a Widget that took a URL and turned it into a link in one step?
Yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Maybe-tell me more
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

mjuchter

Posted: Mon May 23, 2005 - 9:20 pm    Post subject: Easy Way to Turn an Applescript into a Widget Reply with quote

I have a very handy and very simple Applescript I created some time ago that would really be extra-useful to me as a Widget. While I have some programming background that was way before Java and HTML and I honestly don't have a lot of spare time to figure those out just to convert this Script. Is there some easy way to make the conversion?

The script takes a URL and turns it into a link based on a word or phrase, for inclusion in, say, a blog. It saves a lot of typing and I think might just be really useful to others as a Widget too. If there is no easy way, is there anyone out there willing to work with me on this--full share of credit if we post it, of course.

Thanks!
CraigStanton

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 - 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it'd be very useful for me, I just type the <b>a href="" </b> tag. But others might like it.
mjuchter

Posted: Tue May 24, 2005 - 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I thought so at first, too. But when I blog I will generally link to other blogs on people's names when mentioned, any thing I mention that has a web site gets a link, etc, and I got really tired of typing a href= target=_blank and so on ten times just for one entry.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.