Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Apple's built in widgets/gadgets

dev_nut

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 - 7:13 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I'm beginning to appreciate Apple's built in widgets/gadgets the more I use them. At first I really hated them, but over time, I find them to be good targets, since they are colourful, and easy to find over a dimmed background.

If they were all grey/white looking, I think it would be much harder to find the one you want in a hurry - but as it is, I can quickly see the calendar in red, find the date I want, then continue with my work. Perhaps though there should be a 'graphite' version of them for use with the graphite system theme. I'm not sure if there is any way to easily do this, but I think it would be a great idea for all dev's to make a coloured and a graphite version of their gadgets, if only Apple would support the option.

What do you think? you like the colours, or want graphite (or both)?
wrx_13

Posted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 - 7:13 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I reeeally hate the built in calculator gadget that apple has. But I don't mind so much, since I'm sure that by the time tiger is released, there will be heaps of calculators in every shape and color. Maybe someone will release one soon even!
Madmandan

The main thing I'd like is resize support. Not being able to resize stickies is getting on my nerves.

Seconded. All gadgets don't need to resize, but stickies certainly do. I'm not sure how they would do this, given that it is just a png graphic of a sticky, not a rendered graphics or anything.
moonmonkey

Could just be a larger PNG, they scale very well.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.