Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Snake Game

Chris

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 - 6:45 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I was wondering why the keys respond a little slow

I know this is digging up a very old thread (for thedashboarder, at least), but I'd just like to say that the next version of snake is much, much, much more responsive. It's completely re-written, so that all of the old limitations are no longer relevant.

I'm quite chuffed with this version. Anyway - as soon as Rick finishes the graphics, a new snake will appear which has vastly better gameplay
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
JackoMac

Posted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 - 6:45 am    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I think it would be neat to use thae scrollbars to add aqua to snake.

Seems that there is a another thread in the Gadget Design forum about the looks of the gadget, here
google636

I think it would be neat to use thae scrollbars to add aqua to snake.
Chris

Can I just pull this back to the first post. What version of safari were you using, or were you actually viewing it as a gadget? I'm thinking there may be a bit of an annoying bug in new versions of safari (see the thread i made on it) and this might account for the non-responsiveness...

'tis a mystery
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
spauldingg

Sure, I'll check out the Snake snake, where is it?
Chris

Yeah, the line colours are just borders of elements, not images.
If you're wanting to make the game look better - I've made a version that has images for the snake too. i.e. as it turns a corner it has rounded corners etc, and it has a head and a tail. Obviously, this looks quite appalling because it's me that made it...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
spauldingg

Actually he could use the same background for both, if he wanted to. It's just a square background .png that I think is the same size for both games. Or I could just change some colors in photoshop, and send a new version. If I'm reading the javascript in OandX correctly, (which I'm most probably not) the line colors and x and o are "created" by the code, and not an image that I can do anything about. Chris would need to tweek the code to change their colors and font in order to be visible against, say dark backgrounds."
Madmandan

Beat you to it Wink Unless Mr O'Brien doesn't use it, that is.

Good! Because I ran out of time to do it anyway!!

I liked your graphics from the other thread spaulding, any chance of you doing an extreme makeover on the Snake game too? =P

(assuming Chris doesn't mind that is, but he did say that he was a coder, and not good at graphics)
spauldingg

Beat you to it Wink Unless Mr O'Brien doesn't use it, that is.
Chris

I'll make it look like whatever anyone wants Smile
Madmandan

Cheers Chris, nice AI on there game you have there! Any chance of maybe a coloured background or somethign to liven it up? I might post a mockup later if I get a chance. (or maybe spauldingg will beat me to it)
Chris

Well, I've submitted the noughts and crosses one - still a few issues with minesweeper (I wrote it for Moz a year ago, and Safari seems to have a few problems with it). The noughts and crosses game is now more 'aggressive' than it used to be and actually beats me when I'm not paying too much attention Sad
Chris

Yeah - tonight (or possibly earlier, if I get bored at work).
They wont look very good because I'm no good at graphic design, but they should be functional.
dev_nut

Awesome Chris, any idea of a release date for minesweeper and tic tac toe? (roughly of course) You're a real asset around here.
Chris

I have a minesweeper gadget almost done as well as a noughts and crosses one (tic tac toe?). I've also written solitaire as a web page, but I'm not sure if there'll be any point in making that into a gadget...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page 1, 2  Next