Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Comments and Suggestions

Sticky FAQ in Widget Development?

kingmob

Posted: Sun May 29, 2005 - 11:19 pm    Post subject: Sticky FAQ in Widget Development? Reply with quote

In the development forum, there appear to be a bundle of questions that everyone starting to make widgets asks, like how to replace whitespace with +, how XMLHttpRequest works, various things about info.plist, how to figure out what a search box on a website exactly sends, what files are needed for a widget, ...

I realize that many of these questions can be solved by a simple google, but I still think it would save quite a lot of time and forum space if the answers (or links to the answers) could be summed up in a sticky FAQ entry at the top of the dev forum.

What do you think?

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree and am very much surprised a moderator hasn't responded in this topic and/or created such a sticky already. In fact it seems over half of the topics in the feedback forum has gone without answer from a moderator, not exactly the most impressive track record...
Administrator

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Kingmob for your suggestion and your efforts in creating such a thread! Very Happy

Widget Development FAQ
Chris

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, well done. That's really great Smile

Definitely required reading for anyone new to the forums. Well done the DW staff for sticky-fying it too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
kingmob

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay me Wink I just hope people find it useful, and actually read it.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 - 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kingmob wrote:
Yay me Wink I just hope people find it useful, and actually read it.

They'd better, or it'll be repeated-blows-to-the-head-with-the-hardback-version time until they do Razz
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.