Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Lounge
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Apple+Intel: Wow

philk

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 - 5:55 am    Post subject: My twopenneth. or imho. Reply with quote

Macs are not going to be any more susceptible to viri after the move then they are now. Other then some sicko is going to see it as a challenge to prove the move was wrong.

I AM worried that Apple is going to go away from the proven route of iBook, Powerbook and Imac, Powermac, to embracing the gamut of different Intel chips to achieve the same ends.

Nothing should change for us as its the software that sets Macs apart from Windoze, And thats what we love.

One thing I do NOT want is a bloody panel on the front of my future Macs with "Intel Inside".

The change should be made with FREE code given to developers, so they incur no expense having to re-develope for Intel hardware. Interestingly how many smaller developers, and here is a good place to ask ie; the widget community, have the ability to purchase machines to move over developement?

We are stuck with this move like it or not. All we can do is comment. So lets try and enjoy the debate.
Aviator

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 - 3:50 pm    Post subject: Don't Worry Reply with quote

Intel processors are some if not the best out there, the only reason they seem slow is that they are running Microsoft Windows software, and really people, has Apple ever steered us wrong Very Happy. By the way I myself am a pilot (as you can tell by the username), and I fly a newer McDonnell Douglas MD-11 with an all glass cockpit, everything is computerized and it runs on an Intel, and I have never had a major problem or minor malfunction with the system.
IanTheMacFan
No longer registered

Posted: Sat Jul 16, 2005 - 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Save me!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Goto page Previous  1, 2