Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

Flip widget in opposite direction?

Barcode

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 - 3:43 pm    Post subject: Flip widget in opposite direction? Reply with quote

Is the widget transition hard coded to flip from left to right? Or is it possible to have it flip in the opposite direction?
CraigStanton

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 - 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure. Just start with the right (the old 'back') visible and when the users press the 'i' instead of calling the code to switch to the back you call the code to switch to the front.

Nothing to it.
Barcode

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 - 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's on the right track!

I should provide more information though. I essentially want two 'back' panels for my widget. They will provide different sets of preferences. There is two sets of 'i' buttons to get to the different back panels.

In order to further distinguish the two, I would like the regular 'i' button to flip normally, while the second 'i' button to flip in the opposite direction.
avnit

Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 - 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just have them all flip the same direction. You can change the direction by making both the
Code:
widget.prepareForTransition("ToBack")
or
Code:
widget.prepareForTransition("ToFront")
the same. If they were both ToBack, then it would always go to the left. ToFront would go to the right. You could just have behind, behind2, and front.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.