Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Comments and Suggestions

Version numbers and uploading

Ludge

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 2:33 am    Post subject: Version numbers and uploading Reply with quote

The current system of having to increment version numbers every time we want to upload a file with changes is getting silly.

Example: I posted v1.3 final of my battery widget. Someone points out a glaringly obvious bug which I fix. Now if I want to upload it to this site, I have to raise the version number to at least 1.4pr.

Can you please let it upload files with 1.3.1 style numbers?
OR
Can you please allow us to upload files with the same version info.

The former would be *much* better. I find uploading the file here somewhat offputting if I have to tailor my release numbers around your system not my own.
CraigStanton

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely if you fixed a bug the number should increase, that's what the build numbers are for.

There is still an argument for not being forced to increase the version number, e.g. the developer may have uploaded the wrong file and wants to put up the true 1.3 final but the form forces them to call it 1.31 or something.
pm
Administrator

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CraigStanton is right. You can use 1.31
Ludge

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.

Sorry about that. I didn't even think to try it Lips Locked . I've made use of this feature now!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.