Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Have two working widgets, need designer

seb2

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 4:20 am    Post subject: Have two working widgets, need designer Reply with quote

Hello everybody,

so... I think I'm not bad at doing the technical stuff behind widgets but I know I'm not a skilled designer.

I do have two working widgets here I made for which I'd need someone skilled who could do a nicer GUI than I did.

The first widget is an iTunes search widget. Written out of desperation to be able to search for a song from Dashboard and not only to be able to play the previous or the next track as Apple's widget lets me, I came up with this.
Believe me, it's fast (I do the searching in a Cocoa plugin). Everybody who tested this said that they were amazed by the speed...

The second one... not sure whether I should release it, but if anybody cares... basically, I wanted to know how far you can push custom drawing from Objective-C plugins in widgets and hence re-used and old iPhoto library parser I had once written, added a couple of self made transitions and now have a widget that'll simply greet you with a random photo from an iPhoto library of your choice whenever you activate the dashboard.

I plan to release these for free, so I have nothing to offer but the honor of the designer's name on the backside of the widget.

Anybody good at that and willing to help?

Sebastian
maxintosh

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 - 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll see what I can do... email what you have to max[AT]imamis[DOT]com and I'll try to whip something up.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
seb2

Posted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 - 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thanks for the offer.

However, I have found someone to help me and he already started working at it.
From what I could see... expect something great! Wink
mdc

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 - 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've been playing around with your widget.
no offense to the designer, but i think it is too big for my dashboard.

i have made a smaller version; which looks different. i have a few questions regarding your code. mainly the placement of the loaded iphoto photo.

if you are okay with my playing with your widget could you get hold of me and maybe you could release it sometime if you wish. when it finally gets finished of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.