Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

Where to post? Widget related, but not a widget

Poll Results: Would you like to have a place to download widget related tools?
Yes. You can never have enough tools (software or hardware).
100%
 100%  [ 6 ]
No. Tools are for dweebs who can't hand code.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
What's a widget?
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

JohnGaver

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 9:11 am    Post subject: Where to post? Widget related, but not a widget Reply with quote

I have created a shell script that will automate the process of adding a specified city to Apple's World Clock widget, but I don't know where to post it. I announced it on several forums. Other people have made tools to help with widget development. I occasionally find them out on the forums, too. It would be nice if there were a place to post these tools, for download, as well as just the widgets.

Just a thought...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
pm
Administrator

Posted: Tue Jun 07, 2005 - 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested to see the results of this poll. If there is enough demand for such a place, we may create one.
BagOfHammers

Posted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 - 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umm...

Looks like the poll's closed.

I'm in favor, but 6 people doesn't sound like great demand. How long was the poll?

It would definitely be better to have than not have. That's the kind of thing that would make this site even more special. It is bound to become the most popular if it is the most comprehensive in meeting demands, and as popularity increases, so does demand. Plus, it helps every widget user, developer, designer, etc., if the site is as comprehensive as demand allows. 6 people doesn't sound conclusive, either way, because 6 people have a hard time reflecting the whole community. What should be done? Poll again, for a longer time? Just try it and see (probably not practical)?