Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Design

image library

spauldingg

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 - 5:03 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

What I think would be cool is an image library for "bits and pieces" of interface elements for gadgets. What I need, not being a coder, is a set of OS X elements: scroll bars, check boxes, and such, in a form that designers can slap into their photoshop images.

Also, us designers could create non-standard widgets for the coders to draw from.
dev_nut

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 - 5:03 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

This might not be quite the answer you were after, but couldn't you simply grab the interface elements frmo screenshots? Like take a shot of your scroll bar, check box and all the rest of it, and paste them into photoshop for your mockups?

As for your non-standard widgets, that does sound interesting and useful, do you perhaps have your own webspace to host them?
spauldingg

Arggh. Too much work! just kidding. I was thinking of something like interface builder, which I have. Hey, Maybe someone can code an interface builder Gadget!

As for non-standard widget hosting, yes I can host them, but I don't know how to set up FTP, so they could just be emailed and slapped on a webpage for control clicking, I guess. But maybe the awsome and generous creator of this fabulous and wonderful website could set it up the same way he set up gadget downloads. Wink

Sure would be nice to have everything consolidated in one place.
bandar raffah

ScreenShots will not work... it will not give you a transparent element ..

just get ThemePark ... from Macupdate.com ... you can take all those Aqua parts apart ...

Widgets
spauldingg

good idea!

But, anyone into the nonstandard library idea?
cripen

For non standard widgets, do you mean aqua looking widgets that aren't created by us, for completely new concepts? (eg a different type of slider, or something). Or a sort of 'custom themed' widgets for already existing aqua ones, but with a new look?
bandar raffah

yeah,

what d you mean by non-standard library ?

can you give an example ?

do you mean something like applications with there own interface elements ... like RealPlayer for example ?

or do you mean.. our own interface ideas... that we make...?
Widgets
Jeremy
Administrator

Moving to Gadget Design.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.