Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Development

Problem w/ Seach Field Positon

Solsonic

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 - 5:27 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Hello all, I'm having a problem positioning a search field in my gadgets.
No matter what I input for
position: absolute;
left: 0px;
top: 0px;
z-index:10;
It doesn't move, its probably something simple, but... Here is the code:

<style>
#mainImage {
position:absolute;
left:0px;
top:0px;
width: 220px;
height: 40px;
background: url(Default.png) repeat none;
}

#searchField {
</style>

<div id = "mainImage">
<div id = "searchField"> <type=search size = "10" results=3 incremental onSearch="PerformSearch(this.value)"></div>

So I was wondering if there was a way I can put X,Y settings in the <div> area. I know very little about CSS, so any advise would be appreciated. Thanks

Steveo
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
Solsonic

Posted: Fri Jul 09, 2004 - 5:27 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

NEVERMIND
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
JackoMac

Solsonic, I assume by that you mean that you solved the problem? Would you mind sharing how you fixed this?
Solsonic

Sure, I was missing this bracket

#searchField {
} <--------

Simple right? lol
JackoMac

Lol. Well thanks for clearing it up still, I was stumped over why it didn't work!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.