Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

dashdock

adaroundtown

Posted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 - 12:57 pm    Post subject: dashdock Reply with quote

Hi there.
I was wondering if anyone out there could explain the exact process of getting applications to work with the dashdock widget? i'm generally not bad with my machine here, though am by no means an expert, however, simply can't seem to figure out how to load applications to the dashdock
propynyl

Posted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 - 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is extremely buggy. you're probably not doing anything wrong, the apps probably just aren't opening.

Should be a simple drag, drop, and click procedure...but it doesnt work that well.

-propynyl
haaltruf

Posted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 - 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,
I'm the developer of this widget and I'll try to clarify some things...

First sorry but I got a lot to do right now so I couldn't spend much times on my widget...

The dragging process first: to add an app in the dashdock, go to your application folder and click on an application and start dragging it, the same way you would do to trash it. Instead of trashing it display the Dashboard (F12) and go over the widget with your application. You should see a green + sign over the DashDock...

Allright... it can get confusing as some applications would not be inserted...
The DashDock is not very buggy, it has some restrictions Smile

In fact you can only insert correct bundle applications. Applications like Microsoft Word cannot be inserted, as there are not of this type... Other applications having a Info.plist file not correct can also not be inserted...
I don't use a plugin and therefore it was the best I could do with javascript...

I hope i'll get some time in the future to develop a plugin to add apps & folders...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Widgets
adaroundtown

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 - 10:57 pm    Post subject: cheers! Reply with quote

gotcha! thanks for the tips. i had to move my dashdock key elsewhere, but got it up and running. thanks for the help and the great widget!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.