Register for DashboardWidgets

Recent Forums Posts

Partners

iCompositions

MacDesktops.net

RSS Showcase
RSS Comments
RSS Forums

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Posted in: Widget Central

Alternate use for Gadgets

spauldingg

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 - 4:16 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

Hmmm. as a designer, it sure would be nice in the future to just email a Portfolio Slideshow Gadget to a potential client, and have it install and run. Can any of you Tigertesters tell us (legally, of course) if these suckers will be wrapped in an installer, so clients, and the rest of us for that matter, don't have to keep dragging them to home>library>gadgets whatever?
tugga

Posted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 - 4:16 pm    Post subject: Imported from The Dashboader Reply with quote

I don't have Tiger, but I would imagien that gadgets will work just liek System Prefernce Panes do now (only since Panther). You double click on them, and they ask you whether you would like to install it for everyone on the computer (/Library/) or just yourself (~/Library/). Same applies to screensavers, and I'm sure some other things too.

It would certainly be a 'funky' way to show off your folio, basically being a webpage wrapped in a cool frame of some sort. You would have to first know that your potential employer has Tiger though!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.